Pests In Your Christmas Decor
The Christmas season is in full swing. Many of us are left with the daunting task of decorating our homes with all those beautiful Christmas decorations. Did you know there could be pests living in those boxes of decorations; and even in your Christmas tree?
Rodents, spiders, and silverfish are just a few pests that love making their homes inside your boxes of Christmas decorations. Here are a few holiday pointers that can help you have a pest free Christmas this season.
How To Keep Out Pests Lurking in Your Christmas Decorations
Before pulling the Christmas decorations out of storage, and before you decorate your home with all of those lights, wreaths, candles, and of course the Christmas tree; there are a few things you need to do so you don’t set forth a full on pest infestation inside your home.
- Use caution when opening boxes of Christmas decorations. There could be pests living inside those boxes. You don’t want to be dealing with a painful spider bite during the holiday season.
- Open the boxes storing your Christmas decorations outside, away from your home. You definitely don’t want to unintentionally bring them inside.
- Look for any signs of a pest living among your boxes. Rodent droppings, discarded seed shells, spider webs, or other dead insects indicate you may have a serious pest problem.
- Thoroughly inspect your Christmas tree, whether real or fake, for pests. Squirrels, mice, rats, and other rodents love nesting in artificial Christmas trees. You can also bring in beetle pests from Christmas trees bought on lots, or even in ones you cut down yourself.
- If you see any signs of pests, contact a pest control professional immediately; before bringing any Christmas decorations inside your home.
Phoenix Pest Control
10401 N 91st Ave
Peoria, AZ 85345
1228 East Broadway Road
Mesa, AZ 85204
Phoenix, AZ 85001
December 12, 2012 at 6:00 pm Comments (0)